Monday, May 1, 2017

Oh!  Hi, I didn’t see you there!  Have a seat, can I get you something to drink?
 
Just kidding, you’re reading a blog, you aren’t physically visiting me so I can’t offer you beverages.  Someday that will be a thing; you will come visit my blog, click a little button and a drone will buzz over to your house and drop a cold beverage on your lawn.  But if you order a drink through my blog, you can only choose from what I typically keep in my fridge, e.g. cans of cheap beer, a bottle of cheap Sauv Blanc that has been open too long, almond milk, or some orange juice.  Nevertheless, you would be welcome to it.  Mi casa es su casa.

I had a good, productive weekend on both the life and game fronts.  I got my Miner to about 37 and Conjurer past 40.  I had an embarrassing moment with my Conjurer on Friday night; joined a party to run Qarn through the Duty Finder, and was asked why I wasn’t a White Mage yet.  I didn’t have a good answer, other than that I totally forgot that I was supposed to tackle the job quest at level 30.  Oops!  I have forgotten a lot of very basic stuff about this game, but I guess it’s good that I am refreshing my memory with all of this low-level content.

And in life news…this weekend is the big wedding!  Both my wife and I really can’t wait to just get it out of the way.  At dinner last night, we were both joking about how it felt like we have been married to the wedding for this whole year instead of each other.  So much planning and effort soaking up our free time for so long, and so much social pressure and expectations from friends and family…all for one fleeting day, which I am sure will fail to live up to the hype.  Will it be worth it?  I don’t know, maybe?  I’ll let you know when I am on the other side of it, looking at it in retrospect.  I am already thinking that I should have tried to convince my wife to throw the wedding in Eorzea.  Oh well, maybe we can do that for our anniversary :P

No comments:

Post a Comment