Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hello, phantoms of the internether.  Just wanted to a post a quick update; haven’t had any time to play FFXIV, so no progress to report there, but I’m back from the wedding!  It went pretty well, better than expected actually.  It feels a little weird to finally be done.  I am really pretty introverted, and not at all used to being the center of attention.  All of the outpouring of affection, praise and gifts…it was a lot to handle!  Now I feel pretty fried.  It reminds me of that feeling you get right after wrapping up a school year, when all of your finals and projects are finally done but it hasn’t really sunk in yet that you have a whole summer of freedom ahead of you.

I did get a chance to play a bit of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (FFBE), and I think I might want to use this blog to discuss those exploits as well.  For those unfamiliar, FFBE is a mobile “gacha” RPG with an original storyline that also incorporates characters from the entire Final Fantasy franchise.  It’s really fun, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a JRPG for their phone…as long as you don’t have a gambling problem!  Unlike with FFXIV, I am actually what you would consider an “endgame” player in FFBE – I started at the game’s release, I have a few top-tier units, some good gear and some of the “trust mastery rewards” that take a good deal of time to obtain.  I really love this game because it is very casual friendly, while still having a deep-end to dive into.  Plus, the story is surprisingly good!  I actually look forward to each chunk of story they release so that I can find out what happens next to the main characters.

During our travels, I managed to beat the Gilgamesh trial after just a couple tries.  My line-up was Refia (with Dual-cast), Cecil, Ling, Lightning, Luneth, and a friend Noctis.  The mechanic of the fight involves “sealing” Gilgamesh’s moves by hitting him with corresponding elements, the most important elements being fire, lightning, wind and holy.  I failed the first couple times because I didn’t realize that Lightning’s Sparkstrike move wasn’t sealing Gilgamesh’s lightning attack for some reason.  Once I realized that, it was just a matter of grinding through the very long fight, which was made even longer by having only three damage dealers.

Well, I guess that’s it for now.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment