Monday, April 24, 2017

Hello again, reader!  Not sure who you are or why you are reading, but I am willing to bet that you are a very cool person.  Let’s be friends, mkay?

Sorry, that was cheezy, but I like the idea of addressing the “reader” in the same way that Mr. Rogers used to greet his television “neighbors” after changing into his sweater.

Anyways, I was able to log-in and make my grand return to the game on Thursday.  Allow me to introduce to you Ixxiana Ikslawok, this blog’s main protagonist:




As you can see, I have already made a good deal of progress with her, so it won’t be as if I am starting with a 100% fresh character.  My overall goal with Ixxiana is going to be “horizontal” progress rather than “vertical” progress, i.e. I will be trying to reach the level cap for every class rather than becoming a max ilvl raider with one or two classes.  In that sense, I have a good start here.

My first day back in the game was spent picking the main questline back up where I left off, which was after completing the Leviathan trial.  I ran through some quests until I was able to beat Ramuh, or rather I got carried through Ramuh by a DF party :P.  I did a bit of research and found out that you should really save these main story quests until after acquiring the expansion, so that the experience you gain isn’t lost on a character that has been capped at 50.  Since HW is included with SB, I will probably wait for SB to drop before resuming the story quests.  Or at least I am going to try to be patient, which might be hard because the story is actually really good and it provides a really nice break to the grind.

After setting aside the story quests, I decided to level Conjurer for a bit.  I ran a couple levequests to warm up, and then tried to run Thousand Maws with a DF group.  Unfortunately, I got hit with a disconnect right in the middle of the boss fight and didn’t get credit for completion L.  I hope that won’t become an ongoing issue for me!

Now that I have this initial dabbling out of the way, I think it is time to set some hard goals that I can work towards.  I think my two main goals will be maxing Mining and maxing Conjurer.  For Miner, rather than grind leves I think I would prefer to actually farm mats that I can sell on the market board as I go.  I am going to want a big nest egg of gil to spend on mats and gear when leveling the other crafting classes.  I really love crafting in this game, even if managing items and storage is a bit of a slog.

On a separate note, I was browsing the FFXIV subreddit and I found a post from a player who was looking for music to listen to while grinding their gathering classes.  I absolutely LOVE listening to music and building playlists, so I put something together for them and sent them a link.  They never replied, and even though they are a total stranger to me I was kind of disappointed.  Is that weird, to be invested in what some total stranger thinks of me, or to even want to do that for them in the first place?  In any case, here is the playlist if anyone else wants to listen to some sweet tunes while they play:
Also, my dear phantom-readers, if you are ready to coalesce into existence and reveal yourself to me as a concrete being, please let me know if you would like me to build a customized playlist for you!  I listen to literally every genre under the sun, and I love trying to tailor playlists to a person’s tastes or personality.  Just one more way, besides playing MMOs, that I like to try to virtually connect with people.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment